Wellness Coaching is a professional relationship, based on positive psychology, which supports and empowers clients to stretch and grow beyond what they can do on their own, to become the healthier person they wish to be.
Coaching is about facilitating change. It assumes that you (the client) are the expert and provides a safe space for you to explore and experiment in a setting free from judgement. There is no prescription or opinion. Wellness coaching is evidence based, combining coaching psychology, behaviour change, positive psychology, and life coaching. It uses theories and models such as Transtheoretical Model of Change, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Motivational Interviewing, and Appreciative Enquiry).
It is based on a relationship that promotes growth, facilitates a change process through visioning, goal setting and accountability which can lead to positive and sustainable change.
It puts you, the client at the centre of your wellness journey and facilitates a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires and supports you to maximise your personal and professional potential.
The Benefits of Wellness Coaching:
Wellness coaching puts you in the driver’s seat and helps you to
- take control of your own health and wellness journey
- set and define a clear vision and realistic goals
- increase awareness, and take responsibility
- identifying obstacles and how to overcome them
- build confidence
- create time and space to explore your options
- experiment with what works – so all things are learning opportunities
- improve your health, happiness and quality of life
- there is no prescription, no template, no one size fits all scenario.
Another, benefit of wellness coaching is having an accountability partner – someone who will support and encourage you even when you feel ready to quit. A wellness coach provides support and inspiration to enable and encourage you to continue moving forward, even if you are dealing with a health-related issue.
“Wellness coaches facilitate a partnership and change process that enables clients to change their mindsets and develop and sustain behaviour proven to improve health and wellbeing, going beyond what they have been able to do alone.” Margaret Moore
Do I need a Health and Wellness Coach?
Great question – Anyone can benefit from working with a Health and Wellness Coach.
Do you answer yes to any of these questions?
- Do you have trouble sticking to health-related goals?
- Have you tried to make changes in the past, do well in the short term and then fall back into old habits?
- Do you struggle to keep a calm and maintain a positive mindset?
- Do you want to feel vibrant, energetic and motivation?
- Do you struggle with work-life balance?
- Do you put everyone else and everything else on your to do list except yourself?
- Do you rarely let yourself relax?
- Do you want to make healthy changes to your lifestyle but not sure where to start?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, a health & wellness coach would be a great option for you.
Working with a health and wellness coach takes commitment (your time and financial), but the health results you will achieve will be worth it.
It is time to take care of you…. find out more, contact Michelle for a free discovery session.